Affordable Transcription Course Is Helpful
There is help out there for people who are interested in getting into general transcription but can’t find an affordable transcription course that will teach them the basics.
Affordable Transcription Course
I don’t know if you remember my story about how my partner and I first got started in general transcription, but it was a nightmare.
If you want to learn how to work from home as a general transcriptionist, but you’ve been…
- frustrated at the lack of hands-on practice to help you improve your skills
- unable to get the kind of support you need when you’re stuck
- left wishing you could watch over someone’s shoulder to learn the software
- annoyed by the brevity of other “how-to” transcription guides
- confused by the marketing aspects and how to set up a business
- tired of working for peanuts because you’re not sure how to find higher-paying work
***Disclosure: This post and our website contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make purchases using them. Please see our affiliate disclosure.***
- You couldn’t find an affordable general transcription course you could take to teach you the fundamentals, then check this out! There is now a course available from TranscribeAnywhere (affiliate link) that will give you the basics.
Course Description: General Transcription: Theory and Practice™ is a comprehensive training course that implements multimedia content with online learning tools to effectively prepare students to master the art of transcribing audio or video into text documents for clients in a multitude of industries (other than medical and legal).
The course is divided into six modules, with each module building upon the skills learned and mastered in the preceding module. There are over 60 audio/video practice dictation files in the general transcription course.
Thousands of dollars in content + lifetime membership, updates, and support — all for a one-time tuition fee of $797
Borlok Transcription started doing transcription in 2006, and started out doing all sorts of transcription. We started out in the freelance marketplaces like Elance.com and oDesk.com (now known as Upwork.com). It took us while to feel comfortable doing transcription, but we hung in there – and you can too!